Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BIfanatic
Resolver I
Resolver I

How to overrule RLS

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a way to overrule RLS. Our report consists of measures that heavily depend on RLS, but there are also indices on a higher level (based on the same data) that should not. Right now, the RLS influences the indices as well, while these indices should give information about the overall market trend. So, it is unnecessary to use RLS for these measures.

Is there ANY way to cope with this?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

I think you can find a solution to this specific scenario in this article we published some time ago: https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/implement-non-visual-totals-with-power-bi-security-roles/.

Hard to find, since we use the technical term "non visual total", which is basically a calculation executed outside of the RLS rules. To do that in Tabular, you need to build non-secured calculated columns or tables. Details in the article.

Have fun with DAX!

Alberto Ferrari
http://www.sqlbi.com

Alberto Ferrari - SQLBI
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@BIfanatic,

I am looking for a way to overrule RLS.

Based on my research, all the members that were added into this role can only see the data that filter by this role's rule.  There is no such an option to overrule RLS. What we can do is re-design the rule of this role.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.