Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tstackhouse
Helper III
Helper III

How to order Months in Chronological Order Starting with the Current Month

The Metric of what I am trying to show has been built but the months are not in the correct order.I need a way to order my months in order starting with the current month first. For example today is 3/27/2020 so I would need is..

March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December, January, February.

Below is a screen shot of what I currently have. Right now the months are in alphabetical order. 

Thanks in advance!!Capture.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
iamprajot
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I believe your data is sorted properly and just the table is sorted alphabetically.In that case select the table visual and go to sort in the top ribbon and you should sort by another column which is your date column that is already sorted in ascending.

Hi @iamprajot ,

I am using a Matrix. (I am not sure if that makes a difference.) "SOrt by Column" is grey out at the top.Capture.PNG

Hi,

It's gray out because you have not selcted a field at first.

Go to Table View, select the column you want to sort, and then use the sort by column button.

Have a nice day

Ah, you are using an older version, this update to sort by another column is one of the latest.
You can try sorting your data in the table view as well in case if not sorted.

Hi @iamprajot  ,

I was able to download the latest version of Power BI. I do not see the sort option at the top any more. Is there anywhere else I can go to find this?

Thanks!Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.