cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

How to order Months in Chronological Order Starting with the Current Month

The Metric of what I am trying to show has been built but the months are not in the correct order.I need a way to order my months in order starting with the current month first. For example today is 3/27/2020 so I would need is..

March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December, January, February.

Below is a screen shot of what I currently have. Right now the months are in alphabetical order. 

Thanks in advance!!Capture.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Re: How to order Months in Chronological Order Starting with the Current Month

I believe your data is sorted properly and just the table is sorted alphabetically.In that case select the table visual and go to sort in the top ribbon and you should sort by another column which is your date column that is already sorted in ascending.
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @iamprajot ,

I am using a Matrix. (I am not sure if that makes a difference.) "SOrt by Column" is grey out at the top.Capture.PNG

Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Ah, you are using an older version, this update to sort by another column is one of the latest.
You can try sorting your data in the table view as well in case if not sorted.
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @iamprajot  ,

I was able to download the latest version of Power BI. I do not see the sort option at the top any more. Is there anywhere else I can go to find this?

Thanks!Capture.PNG

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Hi,

It's gray out because you have not selcted a field at first.

Go to Table View, select the column you want to sort, and then use the sort by column button.

Have a nice day

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors