Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rnian18
Helper II
Helper II

How to omit some tables from Refreshing

Hey guys, I have a PowerBI file with 5 data sources.  Currently, 2 data sources are broken.

In Power Query editor, I edited the other 3 working tables.  After the edit, I would click save and apply.  But my query is blocked because of the 2 broken data sources.  Is there a way to omit the 2 broken data sources when I click save and apply?  I have already tried right clicking on the data source and de-selecting the "Refresh" option for the broken tables.

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
rnian18
Helper II
Helper II

Just an update on this.  The only way for the other queries to not block any new calculations is to uncheck the "Enable Load" option as well.

VijayP
Super User
Super User

@rnian18 

In Power  Query Editor , Just uncheck the "include in report Refresh" option ! That may help you!

Please let me know if it is not. 

VijayP_0-1628907274806.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi ,

I have unfortunately already tried that and it does not seem to work.  I disabled the "Include in report refresh" by right clicking the dataset and have also tried it by going into Properties, and disabling it there as well.

The data sources I am pulling from are all Web APIs.  I'm not sure if that changes anything.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors