Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hokiefan1113
Advocate I
Advocate I

How to not modify table when pulling data from two datasets

I trying to pull from a data table (let's call Employee Details) that includes all employee records and visualizing that info in a table visualisaiton. I am trying to put an additional column in the table visualisation that pulls data from a different data set (let's call Employee Errors) that contain employee process errors, where the FK is the employee ID.

Not every employee has process errors, but when I pull the error column into this table visual, it reduces the fields to only employee's with process errors.

I want it so that it still shows ALL the employees from Employee Details, and will have errors listed next to employees who have them (from the Employee Errors dataset), and those who do not have errors, then that field just won't be populated for them. How can I do this?

1 REPLY 1
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@hokiefan1113 you need to give more info around how you are pulling this data?  sql query ? etc.

essentially what you need is a left outer join, which pulll all data from your employee details table.

you need to specify however how you are doing this.

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.