Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

lucasbarros
Frequent Visitor

How to not apply a filter for a specific part of a measure formula

Hi everyone. 

Hope you're well

I want to "freeze" a specific part of a calculation. How can I do that?

For an example: 

"Avg. of Total Points expected as per day reported compared with global average(Budget)" =
SUM(Logins[Nr. of Employees (as of Jan 2020), inc. Interns, working students, etc.])*[Days as of realease tool]
*CALCULATE((SUM('Executed Award Detail'[Awd Point Amt])/[Days as of realease tool])/[Global Population])

This part of the sentence  (in red color) when with no filter/slicer gives me a number equal "0.315", and when I apply a filter this changes. I want to keep this value of 0.315.

Everything else can change, but not this value.

Could anyone help me? 

5 REPLIES 5
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

If [Days as of realease tool] is a measure, you may have to do something additional to what @amitchandak posted. Hard to tell. Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi @Greg_Deckler, thank you for your tip. I'm new here and this is actually my first post. 
I'll read this post and then I came back here to do some changes. 

Many thanks 

😃 

Hi @lucasbarros 

If you've fixed the issue on your own please kindly share your solution. if the above posts help, please kindly mark it as a solution to help others find it more quickly.thanks!

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

No worries! I was just not 100% as to what everything was in your formula. If that was a measure and it was being impacted by a different table filter than was in @amitchandak 's ALL then that could still cause your number to change. That's all I was worried about.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

If all measure are from same table

CALCULATE((SUM('Executed Award Detail'[Awd Point Amt])/[Days as of realease tool])/[Global Population],all('Executed Award Detail'))

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.