Did you mean: 
Paulyeo11
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User III
Super User III

@Paulyeo11 you need to set the sort order for the gl_codes, here is how you can use sort by column to give your own sort order to a column.

Check my latest blog post Year-2020, Pandemic, Power BI and Beyond to get a summary of my favourite Power BI feature releases in 2020

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
parry2k
Super User III
Super User III

@Singaravelu_R I think the question is more of sorting the text column, think if Rev column value is 2, it will not be the top row in that case.

This is what I understood from @Paulyeo11 question that regardless the amount, Rev should be the top row.

Yes. I got it. 

Thanks

Singaravelu_R
Resolver II
Resolver II

click ... on top of table more option and select Sort by AMT

Singaravelu_R_0-1610514902244.png

parry2k
Super User III
Super User III

@Paulyeo11 you need to set the sort order for the gl_codes, here is how you can use sort by column to give your own sort order to a column.

Check my latest blog post Year-2020, Pandemic, Power BI and Beyond to get a summary of my favourite Power BI feature releases in 2020

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

View solution in original post

Paulyeo11
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi Parry2k

thank you very much for provide me the link . it help a lot. i try to create the expression , i get error :-

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-create-a-sort-column-for-P-amp-L-field-So-Rev-will-g...

Paul Yeo

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power BI User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

March Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the March 2021 Updates!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.