Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to merge 2 charts into 1 or how to show 2 columns in 1 chart

The values are from 1 table but 2 columns, how to present those 2 columns into 1 chart?

Power bi test.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi ivyhai,

To have two column showing in the same column chart, the column item should meet the following requirements:

1. They are under same scale, and should stand for different range;
  2. They could share one scale standard;
  3. Under Power BI visual, the Axis well should be put with one column

So I think show the wanted result, we need to modeling the data before we use it. Could you please tell more details about the current table?

Modeling

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/guided-learning/powerbi-learning-2-1-intro-modeling-data/

Based your data table, we could rebuild the data using the following way:

Case ID

Status name

I donated ###

I trust ####

I donated ###

I trust ###

I care deeply ##

Using this data sample, we could organize the Status name easier and control how many items should be shown as column value using Filter.

And based on your data source, under Query Editor, we could format the table with the following ways:

1. Under Query Editor, right click the table and choose Duplicate the table, with a number of your status listed;

2. Under each table, leaves only one special status column, and delete the other status columns;

3. And if you would like to remove the empty value under the status column, click the dropdown box and select remove empty;

4. Change the only left status column name to Status or something else (Must be the same one in all tables) within all the Duplicate table;

5. Select one table, then under home tab, click append queries, then select all the duplicate tables, click OK.

See example:

15.PNG16.PNG17.PNG

Please take a try to format the data source, and if any further assistance needed, please feel free to post back.

Regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous You can drop two columns onto Axis area and you will get drill down of those columns in the chart. So on top right hand corner you will get drilldown icon which when turned on you can click on column and it will drill down onto next column.

capture.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ankitpatira the data i'm using is export file from survey see below

Power bi test.PNG

Hi ivyhai,

To have two column showing in the same column chart, the column item should meet the following requirements:

1. They are under same scale, and should stand for different range;
  2. They could share one scale standard;
  3. Under Power BI visual, the Axis well should be put with one column

So I think show the wanted result, we need to modeling the data before we use it. Could you please tell more details about the current table?

Modeling

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/guided-learning/powerbi-learning-2-1-intro-modeling-data/

Based your data table, we could rebuild the data using the following way:

Case ID

Status name

I donated ###

I trust ####

I donated ###

I trust ###

I care deeply ##

Using this data sample, we could organize the Status name easier and control how many items should be shown as column value using Filter.

And based on your data source, under Query Editor, we could format the table with the following ways:

1. Under Query Editor, right click the table and choose Duplicate the table, with a number of your status listed;

2. Under each table, leaves only one special status column, and delete the other status columns;

3. And if you would like to remove the empty value under the status column, click the dropdown box and select remove empty;

4. Change the only left status column name to Status or something else (Must be the same one in all tables) within all the Duplicate table;

5. Select one table, then under home tab, click append queries, then select all the duplicate tables, click OK.

See example:

15.PNG16.PNG17.PNG

Please take a try to format the data source, and if any further assistance needed, please feel free to post back.

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

but it just not working here. Power bi test.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.