Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BTSSCarol
Regular Visitor

How to map dynamics data field to seating chart template image-- need visual representation

Hi I need to dynamically map 3 fields customer, sale type, and seat status to a visual layout template. The seating data will have an m"Area", "Table" and "Seat". Building has many areas so template will be reused based on data set. For instance if i select Conference Room A. the visual needs to show all the information for those seats. If I select Conference Room B it would filter and only show that data. Not certain power bi has this capability. Guidance really required. Data is coming from Dynamics 365 crm, so would prefer to stay with Microsoft tools. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @BTSSCarol,

It seems you are talking about this one which you can create your own layout here. Since your desired visual is highly customized, I would suggest you give it a try.

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @BTSSCarol,

This is a basic functionality of Power BI. Please refer to the snapshot below. It could be a Table visual and a Slicer working together.

How-to-map-dynamics-data-field-to-seating-chart-template-image-need-visual-representation

Best Regards,
Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks. I need to map data to a visual layout of the seating plan. So client can see on hold, purchased, not active, open using color codes. Hovering over each seat I need 2 fields associated, sale type and client name.

Here is example of layout where i would need to highlight each seat from the data.

http://www.oapc2015.ca/awards-gala-registration/

A friend who went to Ignite mentioned that he saw a warehouse demo using power bi that mapped a few data fields to certain points on a warehouse layout. He said it was mapped over top, like a layer. I have searched everywhere for this cannot locate it. 

So far I am leaning towards html5 canvas and js,..then theres angular, but still hunting for a microsoft tech way. Client is on O365.

Hi @BTSSCarol,

It seems you are talking about this one which you can create your own layout here. Since your desired visual is highly customized, I would suggest you give it a try.

Best Regards,
Dale

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't access the link either. It gives me access denied. Is it possible to make it accessible?

I cannot access the link in your solution.  Can you please give me access to it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I cannot gain access to the link can you allow me to view it?

Oh wow.. THANK YOU so much. This is it!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors