Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

HSymes-Thompson
Frequent Visitor

How to make values with no data stay in visual

I have budget information and actuals information. There are scenarios where there may be no actuals for something that was budgeted for the year, and likewise there may be actuals where we didn't budget for it. I'm trying to pull a visual together that shows this information. If I select the 'show values where there is no data' it expands the table massively to the point its useless. Is there something I can write in my formula to only show values where there is no data and they are related. Budget reference is the key that ties budget and actuals together. In the example below, you can see that we have spent £159 on Office B20, there was no budget for this. As soon as I bring in the Supplier Name from the budget table, the £159 figure disappears from the visual. The formula to get both YTD Actuals and Budget 2022 is just SUM('Overheads Data'[Debit/Credit]) and SUM('Budget table'[Value])

HSymesThompson_0-1675089282062.pngHSymesThompson_1-1675089290813.png

2 REPLIES 2
Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @HSymes-Thompson ,

Try to right click on the field in the visual and select show items with no data.

Idrissshatila_0-1675089757771.png

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution so it would appeare to others, Appreciate your Kudos👍

Follow me on Linkedin

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

I have this option applied which is why you can see the Office B20 line, but I am not sure why the £159 doesn't appear?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.