Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

johnyip
Super User
Super User

How to make the background colors of the row totals to strike through from start to end

I have a matrix like the following:

johnyip_1-1673928128582.png

The issue is that, the light blue of regional subtotal does not applied through the "column totals" of Classification.

The grand row total at below can successfully go through that, but it also failed to penetrate the grand column totals located at the far right.

Is there a way to allow the light blue and the light orange to strike through the two column totals native to PowerBI's matrix visual? The desired result is as follows:

johnyip_3-1673928706028.png

And would even be nice if this can be done, so I can choose to use this or not:

johnyip_4-1673928789997.png

The "Open + Sole Total" is created using DAX to mimic the column totals of Classification. The calculation is complex and I have a lot of debugging and testing works to do, just because the format requires me to have that light blue on the column totals.

Would be grateful if there is a way to achieve the above.

Please mark my post as the solution if this answers your question!
Appreciate your Kudos !!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
johnyip
Super User
Super User

I tried to finally find out that the most desirable formatting I asked, is achievable, but is highly dependent upon the structure of the data. I will post the general descriptive way to achieve that in case anyone need this.

You need to use a colour measure (inspired by Solved: Re: Different format setting for different row / c... - Microsoft Power BI Community), in which you need to use ISINSCOPE() and ISFILTERED() to select the "cells of total". By then, apply the colour formatting using conditional formatting.

ISFILTERED() is the key to select the appropriate "cells" for the grand total. Without using ISFILTERED(), you can achieve the outcome that is less desired but acceptable by my question.

I hope this can assist anyone who face the same requirement as I do.

Appreciate your Kudos !!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
johnyip
Super User
Super User

I tried to finally find out that the most desirable formatting I asked, is achievable, but is highly dependent upon the structure of the data. I will post the general descriptive way to achieve that in case anyone need this.

You need to use a colour measure (inspired by Solved: Re: Different format setting for different row / c... - Microsoft Power BI Community), in which you need to use ISINSCOPE() and ISFILTERED() to select the "cells of total". By then, apply the colour formatting using conditional formatting.

ISFILTERED() is the key to select the appropriate "cells" for the grand total. Without using ISFILTERED(), you can achieve the outcome that is less desired but acceptable by my question.

I hope this can assist anyone who face the same requirement as I do.

Appreciate your Kudos !!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.