Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tprasad1
Frequent Visitor

How to make tables interact with maps and donut chart?

Hello,

I am working on a report that consists of a map, donut chart and table. The map and donut chart are interacting with each other but the table is not. Is there a way that I can make the table interact with the donut chart and also, with the map?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@tprasad1 Ah, I see what you are saying.

The table and matrix don't allow clickable filtering of other visuals. They are static in that respect. I would suggest you minimize the map a bit and add a slicer for the program name.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@tprasad1 Does the data in the table have a relationship to the other tables used in the map and chart?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hi,

Yes. I have used the same data sheet for the map, donut chart as well as the table. It's just the filters that are different. What I am trying to achieve is if I click on the university name or program name in the table, the donut chart and map get updated accordingly. So, for example if I click on Master of Science in Information Systems at Georgia State University, the donut chart highlights Georgia State University and so does the map. Please find attached a screenshot for your reference.

ScreenShotV4.0.JPG

Thanks!

@tprasad1 Ah, I see what you are saying.

The table and matrix don't allow clickable filtering of other visuals. They are static in that respect. I would suggest you minimize the map a bit and add a slicer for the program name.

Habib
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Please verify your ineractions between table and donut chart. Please refer to below image.

interactions.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.