Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Likhitha
Helper IV
Helper IV

How to make slicer selection as one is fixed and remaining as dynamic?

Hello ,

@Anonymous   I created a funnel chart to compare sales of my selected country w.r.to other countries,the country which i selected will be taken as 100% and will be compared with rest of the countries...but I want one selection as fixed,and remaining as dynamic ..how to do that?? In the below picture i want canada country as fixed and i want toselect   some countries dynamically as per my requirement.SalesComparison.PNG

In the above picture,I want Canada as fixed selection and i want to select some other countries(selection is dynamic) for comparison against canada.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Likhitha  - That's correct, unless you use a disconnected table for your filter. To do that:

1. Create a new table with all of the countries, except Canada. Do NOT make a relationship to this table.

2. Create a new measure which returns TRUE() for the selected values + Canada and FALSE() otherwise. You can accomplish with the following Measure:

Include Country Measure = 
var country_to_check = SELECTEDVALUE(ExistingTable[Country])
var hard_coded_country = FILTER(ALL('NewDisconnectedTable'[Country]), 'NewDisconnectedTable'[Country] = "Canada")
var selected_countries = VALUES('NewDisconnectedTable'[Country])
var unioned_countries = UNION(selected_countries,hard_coded_country)
return country_to_check IN unioned_countries 

3. Add the new measure as a filter on your visual.

Hope this helps,

Nathan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Likhitha - If I recall correctly, the slicer that you show is a disconnected slicer. If you want to limit the countries, you can create another slicer on the same column that you are using in the funnel chart.

Does that solve the problem?

Nathan

@Anonymous  if i use other country column,i have to select canada country every time manually and after that the countries which i want

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Likhitha  - That's correct, unless you use a disconnected table for your filter. To do that:

1. Create a new table with all of the countries, except Canada. Do NOT make a relationship to this table.

2. Create a new measure which returns TRUE() for the selected values + Canada and FALSE() otherwise. You can accomplish with the following Measure:

Include Country Measure = 
var country_to_check = SELECTEDVALUE(ExistingTable[Country])
var hard_coded_country = FILTER(ALL('NewDisconnectedTable'[Country]), 'NewDisconnectedTable'[Country] = "Canada")
var selected_countries = VALUES('NewDisconnectedTable'[Country])
var unioned_countries = UNION(selected_countries,hard_coded_country)
return country_to_check IN unioned_countries 

3. Add the new measure as a filter on your visual.

Hope this helps,

Nathan

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.