Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Likhitha
Helper IV
Helper IV

How to make selected country as reference country for calculation?

I'm having a funnel chart which shows sales by country, top sales country will be taken as 100%,I want to take some other country sales% as 100% and want to calculate the sales of other countries.Screenshot (25).png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi, @Likhitha 

You could try this way to get it:

Step1:

Add a new table by this formula for slicer

Do not create the relationship with other tables ( just for keep which country is as 100%  )

Refer country = VALUES('Table'[Country])

Step2:

Add a measure like this then drag it into tooltips value

Measure = IF(SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Country]) in VALUES('Refer country'[Country]),1)

Step3:

Sort the visual by this measure

17.JPG

Result:

16.JPG

and here is pbix file please try it.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI, @Likhitha 

Based on my research, it does not keep the top sales country as 100%,

it is based on the sort order of the visual

for example:

4.JPG

So you could use this way as below:

Step1:

Add an index column for country field.

Step2:

Darg this index column into tooltips value or use Sort by column in Power BI Desktop

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-sort-by-column

Best Regards,

Lin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-lili6-msft  In my case,I will use slicer for country,the selected country sales % has to be taken as 100% and has to give sales % of other countries.

HI, @Likhitha 

If you use slicer for country, when you selected one country, other countries will be filtered, how to use it to refer to others.

Best Regards,

Lin

@v-lili6-msft  For example ,I want to take australia sales as 100% and want to see other countries sales% with respect to that..is it possible??

hi, @Likhitha 

You could try this way to get it:

Step1:

Add a new table by this formula for slicer

Do not create the relationship with other tables ( just for keep which country is as 100%  )

Refer country = VALUES('Table'[Country])

Step2:

Add a measure like this then drag it into tooltips value

Measure = IF(SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Country]) in VALUES('Refer country'[Country]),1)

Step3:

Sort the visual by this measure

17.JPG

Result:

16.JPG

and here is pbix file please try it.

Best Regards,

Lin

@v-lili6-msft  Thank you..it's working..:)

@v-lili6-msft  Hi...I'm having some doubt regarding the above question...I want to make one country to be fixed at the top and want to comapre all other countries w.r.to fixed country.How to do that??

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.