Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to make date slicer correctly?

I have a table and Timestamp in format of 13/12/2016 09:00:00. Timestamp in this format is needed for charts.

When I create list slicer with timestamp I get list in 13/12/2016 09:00:00 format.

I tried following new column to create new column,but got very strange problems.

DateValue = DATE(YEAR(Table3[Timestamp]),MONTH(Table3[Timestamp]),DAY(Table3[Timestamp]))

Date slicer looks visually good, but behaves very strange way.

When selecting all Dates it shows correctly total number of rows and do the graphs very fine.

However when selecting certain date, it should only fraction of rows which means that most of data is filtered out. It behaves like date slicer slices with date with certain clock time. It should have show all data from selected date.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous If you want to use date and time as slicers then you need to seperate them into seperate columns.
That way you could select a date, which would return all values, then slicer further by time or show time as an axis.

I've done this by just creating different calc columns..

Date = DATEVALUE(Table[DateTime])

Time = TIMEVALUE(Table[DateTime])

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@Anonymous If you want to use date and time as slicers then you need to seperate them into seperate columns.
That way you could select a date, which would return all values, then slicer further by time or show time as an axis.

I've done this by just creating different calc columns..

Date = DATEVALUE(Table[DateTime])

Time = TIMEVALUE(Table[DateTime])

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.