Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

grofdaniela
Frequent Visitor

How to make chart of status of tasks in time?

Hi, 

I have this issue with my report. I have tasks with 4 statuses and dates when they got into each one. (They can skip some of them) Capture.jpg

I need to make a stacked area chart which show me evolution of counts of these tasks. (in which time how manz was in status 1,2,

3 and 4 )

Thanks you so much for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@grofdaniela wrote:

Thanks @kaushikd,

but I need time on X axis and need to see that for ex.  at May 6 i have 2 tasks in Status 1 (A, E), then at May 13 I have 2 (B, E) in Status 1 and 1 in Status 2 (A changed from status 1 to status 2).  

@grofdaniela

You need to unpivot your table and create a visual with the new table. See more details in the attached pbix file.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
kaushikd
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @grofdaniela

I have taken your data as refference

Capture.PNG

What you have to do is to create 4 column with these Dax formulae.

#1 DayCount = DATEDIFF(TaskStatus[Status 1],IF(ISBLANK(TaskStatus[Status 2]),IF(ISBLANK(TaskStatus[Status 3]),IF(ISBLANK(TaskStatus[Status 4]),today(),TaskStatus[Status 4]),TaskStatus[Status 3]),TaskStatus[Status 2]),DAY)

#2 DayCount = IF(ISBLANK(TaskStatus[Status 2]),BLANK(),DATEDIFF(TaskStatus[Status 2],IF(ISBLANK(TaskStatus[Status 3]),TaskStatus[Status 4],TaskStatus[Status 3]),DAY))

#3 DayCount = IF(ISBLANK(TaskStatus[Status 3]),BLANK(),DATEDIFF(TaskStatus[Status 3],IF(ISBLANK(TaskStatus[Status 4]),TaskStatus[Status 3],TaskStatus[Status 4]),DAY))

#4 DayCount = IF(ISBLANK(TaskStatus[Status 4]),BLANK(),DATEDIFF(TaskStatus[Status 4],TaskStatus[Status 4],DAY))

Now your data will look like this

Capture.PNG

Now you can built your chart as i have done

Capture.PNG

Please mark this as a solution if this is what you needed...

Thanks @kaushikd,

but I need time on X axis and need to see that for ex.  at May 6 i have 2 tasks in Status 1 (A, E), then at May 13 I have 2 (B, E) in Status 1 and 1 in Status 2 (A changed from status 1 to status 2).  

@grofdaniela wrote:

Thanks @kaushikd,

@grofdaniela

You need to unpivot your table and create a visual with the new table. See more details in the attached pbix file.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Hi,

thank you very much, however, i solved this task few days ago by myself 🙂

him how did you fix this? 

was there an alternative method then previously advised by other members?

him how did you fix this? 

was there an alternative method then previously advised by other members?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.