Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Kon
Frequent Visitor

How to make a template accessible to other users?

Hello, 

What is the best way to make a Power BI template accessible to other users in the company? 

I'm aware that templates are accessible by using the “File –> Import –> Power BI Template” path. But with this way I can only access templates that are saved on my PC. 

However, is there a way to publish the template on Power BI service and allow internal users to access the templates?  

Many thanks 

Regards,

Kon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Kon,

When you create a Power Bi template, you can share it to your coworkers by email or upload it to onedrive, post the onedrive share link to your colleagues. Then others can use the template.

There is no way to publish Power BI template to service, please review this feature request and vote it.

For Power BI template, please review more details from the articles below.

POWER BI DESKTOP QUERY PARAMETERS, PART 1
Deep Dive into Query Parameters and Power BI Templates

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Kon,

When you create a Power Bi template, you can share it to your coworkers by email or upload it to onedrive, post the onedrive share link to your colleagues. Then others can use the template.

There is no way to publish Power BI template to service, please review this feature request and vote it.

For Power BI template, please review more details from the articles below.

POWER BI DESKTOP QUERY PARAMETERS, PART 1
Deep Dive into Query Parameters and Power BI Templates

Best Regards,
Angelia

Many thanks Angelia @v-huizhn-msft

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.