Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alicek
Helper II
Helper II

How to make a slicer into a dropdown menu?

Hi all, 

Usually when I need to make a slicer into a drop down, instead of listing all options, I click on the three-dot menu in the corner and it offers me the option. However, it is not offering me that option anymore. 

Another post saying "you have to have the Header" feature turned on is out-of-date, because Header an oiptions anymore. I have both the Slicer Header and the Visual Header turned on. 

alicek_0-1610074067335.png

alicek_2-1610074092859.png

Does anyone know what could have caused this?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@alicek , There should be small down arrow below three dots. That will have option

Slicer Down arrow.png

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
KaiPonte
Helper I
Helper I

Does anyone have an answer? This is now different.  I get a little tool tip that says, "this setting has moved. To change the slicer style, select Format > Slicer settings > Options > Style."

KaiPonte_0-1698082489380.png

However, there is no such menu under Format. I only have "interactions" and "arrange"

KaiPonte_1-1698082580629.png

Help?

Huajun_0-1702257694605.png

Thank you all!  I am still getting used to the - in my opinion - confusing UI of PowerBI desktop.  I realized the settings are in teh Visualzations section.

Screenshot 2023-12-12 150252.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Look for the three dots on the slicer and click on the Show as a table option.

You'll see another three options on the top right of this new page.  There are two icons under the three options: the Clear Selection and Select the type of Slicer options.  This icon shows a list of slicer types.  

Good luck.

Anonymous
Not applicable

To switch on the slicer header, go to Format Visual in the Visualisations section and look for the Slicer header option.  Switch it on if it is off.

powerfuj

Yes it is the little down arrow that is difficult to see. The arrow is associated with the Slicer Header.

So you also need to have Slicer Header turned ON

If the Slicer Header is OFF you will not see the little down arrow

(I've just spent way too long figuring this out!)

Super helpful tip - thanks.  

alicek
Helper II
Helper II

Wow, of course. It was so small on my screen I didn't see it. Thanks to you both!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@alicek , There should be small down arrow below three dots. That will have option

Slicer Down arrow.png

pranit828
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @alicek 
You have to click on the below icon to get it. 

pranit828_0-1610075794517.png

Select the slicer and hover over it. This icon will appear.

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png

Hope it resolves your issue? 
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Appreciate your Kudos, Press the thumbs up button!!
Linkedin Profile

Thank you so much!! I have been trying to figure this out and going nuts!!! You cannot see the darn carrot until you hover and then it blends in with the white background. Hopefully they will make this more apparent in the future.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.