cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shelbsassy Member

How to make a plan premium change based on the month

I have a dashboard for 7 different health plans.  Going forward we are going to have it so the data presented is cumulative, so I have a timeline based on the claim service date that shows the month the data is for (each plan has its own tile/dashboard).  I used a slicer based on the service date of the claim to change the total paid, # claims for the month, etc.  The premiums change for each month for each plan so I am trying to make the dashboard completely dynamic.  I altered my sql code to assign a premium amount based on the month and the plan.  That seems to work good so far.  The problem I am running into is with a dial gauge.  I want to display the PMPM (Per member per month) against the premium paid for the member.  When I try to use the Premium (which is brought in as a column from the data table) it is summing all the premiums in the table.  What I need for it to do is select the distinct premium for that plan for that month.  Does anyone know how I can filter the maximum gauge value in this way?  Thanks so much for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
shelbsassy Member

Re: How to make a plan premium change based on the month for gauge

Writing it out helped me figure it out.  I created a measure called Distinct Premium = distinct(Cumulative[Premium Agg])

then made a measure Premium = Cumulative[Distinct Premium](FILTER(Cumulative,Cumulative[SERVICE_DT]))

and it is working using the date filter.  It is also working to change the maximum value based on the month in the gauge.  :-)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
shelbsassy Member

I think what I am trying to do is have a calculation with the filter in the calc but Im not sure how to do that.  SO basically I am trying to get the premium based on the month [service_date].  PremiumCalc = Cumulative[Premium] ,FILTER[Service_Date] but I know that isn't right.

shelbsassy Member

Writing it out helped me figure it out.  I created a measure called Distinct Premium = distinct(Cumulative[Premium Agg])

then made a measure Premium = Cumulative[Distinct Premium](FILTER(Cumulative,Cumulative[SERVICE_DT]))

and it is working using the date filter.  It is also working to change the maximum value based on the month in the gauge.  :-)

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 305 members 3,622 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: