Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to make a measure to show percentage used for each department

Hi,

I've tried several answers to some of the same questions in here, but it still doesn't show the right percentage of used amount for each department in my matrix

I want to show "amount used" of a "budget" for each "department" in some defined "months". Can anyone help me to make the rigth measure/s?

It should be columbased, if that means anything.

An exampel: 

Month      Department   Used   Budget   Percentage used 

2               AMA              150      200         75%

I dont know, if I should make a new colum where i have divided "used amount" and "budget" og just make a new measure. I have tried both, but I get a "NaN", "Infinity" og a number that doesn't make sense.

Regards Jonas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

According to your description above, you should be able to use the formula below to create a measure to calculate the percentage in your scenario. Smiley Happy

Percentage Measure = DIVIDE ( SUM ( 'Ark1 (2)'[Used] ); SUM ( 'Ark1 (2)'[Budget] ) )

Regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
rajulshah
Super User
Super User

You just need to check the data you are using to calculate the measure.

Only when denominator is zero , result will be infinity.Either the data needs data cleaning or data modelling.

If this doesn't work , feel free to share further details.

Anonymous
Not applicable

As you can see, I made this in the formula bar, where i get 100 % even though it shouldn't be. Dont mind the names "Total People Column". The names is from another sheet.To Power BI Forum - SS. - 2.PNG

To Power BI Forum - SS.PNG

To Power BI Forum - SS. - 3.PNG

Hi @Anonymous,

According to your description above, you should be able to use the formula below to create a measure to calculate the percentage in your scenario. Smiley Happy

Percentage Measure = DIVIDE ( SUM ( 'Ark1 (2)'[Used] ); SUM ( 'Ark1 (2)'[Budget] ) )

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much v-ljerr-msft, that works perfectly 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

But what should I type in either "New Colum" or "New Measure"?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.