Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ccyangdi
Employee
Employee

How to make a matrix not clickable?

I have a matrix in powerbi desktop, which the user doesn't want it to be clickable.

1. I have already turn off the interaction with other visuals.

2. I have tried to cover the matrix with a transparant card. However, since our matrix has scroll bar, either I cover the scroll bar so the scroll bar is not work, or I left the scroll bar outside the card, then after the user click on scroll bar, the matrix is clickable again.

Anyone has better solution for this ask?

Thanks in advance.

9 REPLIES 9
Petja
Advocate II
Advocate II

bannerhealth

Do we any solution for this? We are facing the same issue as this and we would want to use the scroll bar without making any selection.

jessegorter
Helper I
Helper I

I honestly think the transparent box over a visual is a trick best avoided. It does work, but like you said, if you have scrollbars you already run into problems. Is it absolutely vital that a matrix is unclickable?

I know, not a solution, but the more experience I get the more I get the opinion that these kind of workarounds create more problems than solutions.

armely
Helper I
Helper I

If you put a text box over it they won't be able to click.

As I mentioned in the original post, I have tried to cover the matrix with a transparant card. However, since our matrix has scroll bar, either I cover the scroll bar so the scroll bar is not working, or I left the scroll bar outside the card, then after the user click on scroll bar, the matrix is clickable again.

Could you help to solve this issue?

@ccyangdi 

Apologies upfront since I have not come up with a solution (I did think that placing the card/text box in front of the matrix would screen the matrix visual once published to the Power Bi service but it doesn't...)

Out of curiosity, if you have disabled interactions, is this just a cosmetic issue? 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

The client says it is misleading when the detail table highlights some rows, so they want to disable this effect.

Add screenshots below to make my question more clear.

We want the lower matrix always show as screenshot below and never as in the next screenshot (some rows are highlighted)

a1.JPG

a2.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.