Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

svallejo
Regular Visitor

How to make a fixed based on a row

Hi,

I am needing to make a measure that stays static based on a row. Example:

I have a measure that calculates a rate based on categories and vendors. I need to create a measure name "Category RR" so I need the category RR static accross categories, divisions, vendors, and any other row I add. The reason is because I want to calculate a difference between the vendor's return rate and the average return rate for that specific category, then with that difference I can calculate other things. 

The problem I am facing is that the rate is not fixed based on categories making it not possible for me to get that difference....I cannot share ss because I am managing company informaiton. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MartijnW
Frequent Visitor

Hi Svallejo,

As a tip for your next question: in the case you are working with sensitive information, it helps to recreate the specific issue with dummy data, in order to explain the issue you are facing better.

To summarize your question:

You are looking for a way to circumvent the context filters that are applied to the column you want to sum.

A possible solution would be to use the DAX function ALL(). See this link for more information and a working example: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/all-function-dax

If this solves your problem, please accept it as a solution. If it doesn't, please provide us with a more detailed description, the measures, and a screenshot of what you're dealing with. You can either blur out the sensitive information, or recreate the problem using dummy data. A good way would be to use a sample dataset that is available for use in the Power BI Service environment.

Kind Regards,

Martijn Wijnands

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
svallejo
Regular Visitor

Thank you!

MartijnW
Frequent Visitor

Hi Svallejo,

As a tip for your next question: in the case you are working with sensitive information, it helps to recreate the specific issue with dummy data, in order to explain the issue you are facing better.

To summarize your question:

You are looking for a way to circumvent the context filters that are applied to the column you want to sum.

A possible solution would be to use the DAX function ALL(). See this link for more information and a working example: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/all-function-dax

If this solves your problem, please accept it as a solution. If it doesn't, please provide us with a more detailed description, the measures, and a screenshot of what you're dealing with. You can either blur out the sensitive information, or recreate the problem using dummy data. A good way would be to use a sample dataset that is available for use in the Power BI Service environment.

Kind Regards,

Martijn Wijnands

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.