Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

subhadip
Helper II
Helper II

How to make Image to act as hyperlink in Power BI Desktop

User  need to add Image Icon (hyper Link) in Table Element  and by click on it  will open a new page . Image Icon will behave as hyper link to open a url . Please suggest if it can be done in Power BI Desktop.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @subhadip,

As of now, Image hyperlink is not yet supported. As shown in the link, the only workaround is to add a corresponding Web URL beside each image. To help improve our product, please vote this idea.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
sedric1
Helper III
Helper III

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXHCPYo8AQY  

For those who stumble across this thread like me down the road, it can be done now apparently

Jasper_Eggink
Regular Visitor

helle @subhadip and others,

I have found a workarounf for this. 

1. Place an textbox on top of an image
  2. Fill the text box with spaces
  3. Make the text large enough to cover the image
  4. Make the spaces into an hyperlink
  5. Make the underline of the hyperlink the same color as the background

Hope this helps.

Can you please tell me how to remove the underline from the hyperlink from the blank text or how to change its color in Power BI Desktop and /or powerbi.com? Thanks. 

You can change the color of the underline by selecting the blank text and then pressing the down arrow in the floating edit menu.

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @subhadip,

As of now, Image hyperlink is not yet supported. As shown in the link, the only workaround is to add a corresponding Web URL beside each image. To help improve our product, please vote this idea.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
subhadip
Helper II
Helper II

I checked some of the link , which tell about  tool limitation . It will add Hyperlink Icon (Image Url) but that will be dummy one the user has to click the chain symbol (Web Url) for the hyper link to open.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Image-Hyper-link/td-p/143774

Please suggest

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.