Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to make Cumulative graphs with more than one series starting at the date on the slicer?

Hello to everybody, first time posting here.

Hopefully I'm not crossposting.

I'm currently in a project where i need to show how many errors that we have across time. Trying to do something like what we can see in this picture.

Cummulative graphCummulative graph
In each post I saw on cumulative graph, made a "measure" cumulating quantities for a known period (Like for a year or a month)
That implies that I need to know the starting date and end date in advance and unfortunately that's not the case. We have different process and they start and end at different dates with a different duration.

I would like to be able to choose the range on a slicer. Also, it would be perfect if i could filter by reference. (Maybe just adding a slicer would do the trick, depending on the solution)

We have a register on incidences (you can see the TimeLineQuantity table in the .pbix file) and each register it's made in a different moment. I'm afraid it's going to be necessary to group by any amount of time in order to plot this correctly, but i really wished not.

It would be awesome to learn how doing it.

So, any comment on that is going to be really appreciated. 🙂

Excel file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JQ4JXyZE2xrjR4DwPxNYRcQwsx5RkbEF/view?usp=sharing

Power BI file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xOcuk23u0mzq3IAz3Ce62UCwbsp9GNcV/view?usp=sharing

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Yet to check your files. Typically .

With date table and series on legend

Cumm Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),filter(allselected('date'),'date'[date] <=max('date'[date])))

or with date and series both from table

Cumm Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),filter(allselected('Table'),'Table'[date] <=max('Table'[date]) && 'Table'[Series] = max('Table'[series])))

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Yet to check your files. Typically .

With date table and series on legend

Cumm Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),filter(allselected('date'),'date'[date] <=max('date'[date])))

or with date and series both from table

Cumm Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),filter(allselected('Table'),'Table'[date] <=max('Table'[date]) && 'Table'[Series] = max('Table'[series])))

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much! 😀 It worked like a charm.
You think it's possible to stack series one on top the other?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.