Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AlejandroPCar
Helper IV
Helper IV

How to make Contribution to Growth formula?

Hi!

I need help again. I need to calculate the contribution to growth measure (annual growth by share of the total).

So if my shoes exports growth 10% in 2015 and this year the shoes' share of the total exports was 15% so (0,1 * 0,15) *100= 1,5

And if the total exports growth 4% in 2015, so 1,5 / 4 = 0,37. The shoes helps the total growth with almost the 40%.

I already have the growth measures, but how can I do the formula of share of the total? My target is make a visual table with 3 columns (growth, share and contribution) for every industry.  

I have in one table the values of exports and in the other one the industry names for industry_id (like shoes).

Thanks a lot!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @AlejandroPCar,

Based on my test with your shared pbix file, you should be able to use the formula below to create a new measure to calculate Percentage of total. Smiley Happy

Percentage of total formula = 
DIVIDE (
    SUM ( EAM[Valor Agregado] ),
    CALCULATE ( SUM ( EAM[Valor Agregado] ), ALL ( EAM ) )
)

r1.PNG

Regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @AlejandroPCar,

Could you post your table structures(including the measures you're using) with some sample data and your expected result, so that we can better assistant on the formulas? It's better to share a sample pbix file if possible. You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading. Smiley Happy

Regards

Hi @AlejandroPCar,

Based on my test with your shared pbix file, you should be able to use the formula below to create a new measure to calculate Percentage of total. Smiley Happy

Percentage of total formula = 
DIVIDE (
    SUM ( EAM[Valor Agregado] ),
    CALCULATE ( SUM ( EAM[Valor Agregado] ), ALL ( EAM ) )
)

r1.PNG

Regards

Hi @v-ljerr-msft

Thank you so much! It works fine!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.