cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AFoulk Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

How to login under Pro and Free versions?

I now have my Pro license but may want to also do some work under a Free license yet because only some of my reports will require live undating data from our server.

I have other reports I want to prepare that can be static and should be able to be created under a free version and we have no need for all end-users of those reports to also need Pro. I have tried to use alias emails from my work domain to register a 2nd Power BI account so I had a Free one I could login to just like GuyInACube did in one of his BI videos where he logs into his Admin, Pro, and Free accounts for various testing reasons. I was hoping to do this as well with a Free login but everytime I try it tells me how I alreayd have my account registered with an office product and just need to login. Then I try to login yet under the alias email or even using my college email and it still says that username or password is invalid.

Please help.....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator v-sihou-msft

Re: How to login under Pro and Free versions?

@AFoulk

It's impossible to make same account have both Pro and Free license, For account with Pro license, you can't login as a free license unless your organization admin change your license into "Free" in O365 Admin Center.

Regards,

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

The license of the person creating a report has no effect on whether it is pro or free. If you create a report with free content that doesn't require an on premise gateway etc, it will be available for free users regardless of whether you have a pro or free license.

Did I answer your question? Please mark it as a solution.

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Moderator v-sihou-msft

@AFoulk

It's impossible to make same account have both Pro and Free license, For account with Pro license, you can't login as a free license unless your organization admin change your license into "Free" in O365 Admin Center.

Regards,

AFoulk Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Thank you for your feedback. I'll certainly play around with those options to see what works for different users on my end.