Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hozefamk
Frequent Visitor

How to link two dates column from same table to one Master Calendar ?

I have two tables name Employee joining date and employee leaving date in same table and i want to link both to one master calendar. In qlik we can do it using Interval match, how do i perform the same relations in Power Bi ?

Consider a case where i have a filter on Year and Month, and when i select a particular year-month i get a two table which includes information of employee joining and leaving on Same Year-Month.

4 REPLIES 4
Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I solved a similar problem yesterday.  Refer to the question posted here.  In the original post, assume Created Date to be the joining date and Completed date to be the Leaving date.  Now look at the screenshots of my reply to his question.  For any chosen year and month, you would like to see 2 tables - one showing employees who joined in that period and another showing the ones who left in that period.

If this is indeed your question, then i suggest that you subscribe to that post so that when i upload my solution to that question, you reveive an e-mail notification.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/
OwenAuger
Super User
Super User

Hi @hozefamk

You can't have active relationships from two date columns of the same table to one Calendar table.

However, there is a recent feature that allows you to sync slicers in groups, including slicers on different columns.

(see here)

You could:

1. Create slicers on each of the Employee Joining Date & Employee Leaving Date columns (or corresponding Year-month columns)
  2. In the Sync Slicers pane under Advanced Options, enter the same Group name for each slicer
  3. Then you can hide one of the slicers so the user just needs to control one.

Regards,

Owen

Owen Auger
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Blog
Twitter
LinkedIn

But how can i show two different date on one chat, like a combo chart for attrition and joining analysis.

I'm sure this can be done - just to help clarify, could you post some sample data & a mock-up of how you would like to visualize?

Thanks

Owen

Owen Auger
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Blog
Twitter
LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.