Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to let filter/slicer respond to drillthrough actions?

Hi all,

For a Power BI report I am using both filters/slicers and a pie-chart with drillthrough capability. My question is this: is there a way to let the filters respond to the drillthrough actions so that the user knows which drillthrough actions he previously made?

I am using a pie-chart with 8 legend fields, so a user can perform 8 consecutive drillthrough clicks (and so it is easy to get lost). Therefore I want to have my filters/slicers at the top of the report also sync with the drillthrough clicks, so that for instance my customer filter will select this particular customer instead of showing 'All'. Is this possible, and if so how?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

I recommend to use table visual to work around instead of slicer.

3.PNG

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

One sample for your reference. We can add a slicer in the drillthourgh page, then we can achieve that. If it doesn't meet your requirement, kindly share your sample data and excepted result to me. Please upload your files to One Drive and share the link here.

1.PNG

2.PNG

Pbix as attached.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-frfei-msft,

Thanks for the reply and help. To clarify a bit more, I want my drillthrough and slicers to behave accordingly:

- When I click on the slicer and select for instance column 3 all the other graphs respond to that, showing only values for column 3.

- What I want is to have this work the other way around as well: so that when I click on one of the parts of the pie-chart, the corresponding checkbox in the slicer gets selected as well and it looks like this:

image.pngimage.png

Hi @Anonymous ,

I recommend to use table visual to work around instead of slicer.

3.PNG

Not sure why this is marked as a solution. This does not solve the use case stated here from Anonymous.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.