Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

lastnn30
Post Patron
Post Patron

How to keep refreshing the page automatically?

Hi

I created a measure =now() and I inserted it as a card so I can see the date and time. I want to keep refreshing the page automically so I can see the "right now", date and time. I read the article below but I do not see that  I have an option called "page refresh". Any help would be very much appreciated it. Thank you.

+++

To use automatic page refresh in Power BI Desktop, select the report page for which you want to enable automatic page refresh. In the Visualizations pane, select the Formatting button (a paint roller) and find the Page refresh section near the bottom of the pane.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-automatic-page-refresh

+++++

SNAG-1009.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @lastnn30,

That's currently not possible. There are other alternatives though. You can use a streaming dataset to get your current time. Seems like you're attempting to get trending stock tickers and that's a pretty good use-case for it.

Did I answer your question?
Please help by clicking the thumbs up button and mark my post as a solution!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
lastnn30
Post Patron
Post Patron

Thank you for your help. I have one question if you do not mind, can I create a shortcut in my report page for the refresh icon in the home tab? Thank you

SNAG-1010.jpg

Hi @lastnn30,

That's currently not possible. There are other alternatives though. You can use a streaming dataset to get your current time. Seems like you're attempting to get trending stock tickers and that's a pretty good use-case for it.

hnguy71
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @lastnn30 ,

Page refresh only applies to DirectQuery or LiveConnected datasources.

EDIT: Oh by the way, just so you are aware, if you end up publishing your model / report with this feature, your Power BI Capacity Administrators have the final say in the minimum page refresh frequency and its execution interval.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.