Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nallabothula
Frequent Visitor

How to keep a filtered measure value constant when we apply the same filter in a slicer?

Hello All,

I have created a measure for a dashboard as below :

Avg=
VAR F1=CALCULATE(COUNT('Data'[ID]),FIRSTDATE('Data'[CreatedDate]),'Data'[Action] <> "T")
VAR L1=CALCULATE(COUNT('Data'[ID]),LASTDATE('Data'[CreatedDate]),'Data'[Action] <> "T")
RETURN (F1+L1)/2

I am using the above measure to calculate the percentage KPI's and I have Data[Action] as a slicer on dashboard and when i select anything from the filter including 'T' , my requirement is that the 'Avg' measure should not change.

Example: My meaure is Req = count(Data[ID])/Avg. 
When I filter the data with Data[Action] ='T', the numerator should change but not the denominator. Denominator has to be same for all the values of Data[Action]. Is this possible? 

I have tried ALL and REMOVEFILTER functions but no luck.

Could someone please help me with the above issue. Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5
gckcmc
Resolver I
Resolver I

you said you tried "ALL" which should help you here.  Here's a thread which may help on some syntax:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Make-measure-ignore-specific-filter/td-p/336870

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nallabothula , 

I may be misunderstaing what your saying but could you edit the interactions with your filter and the KPI visual? 

Take a look at this visual. I've edited the interactions so that when a value is selected in the filter the only value on the page that gets updated is the 'Column 3' card. You'll see that my table and the 'Column 2' card are no longer being filtered by the 'Column 1' filter. If this is viable solution you'll need to select your filter -> Click the edit interactions button -> and for each visual that you don't want filtered by that filter visual, you'll need to click the icon I have highlighed. 

2019-10-04_15-29-58.png

Thank you for the quick response.

In the above scenario, I am not showing the 'Avg' value in a KPI directly but i am using it to calculate other measures as a denominator value.

Output = calculate(count(Data[ID]))/Avg

The 'Avg' value should be constant for all the selected values of the Data[Action] Slicer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have other filters on the page? 

Also, what are you trying to accomplish with the FirstDate and LastDate in your Avg function? Those are being treated as a filter but what are you filtering? I put a simple dataset together with 3 columns (ID, CreatedDate, Action) and that avg calculation stays the same regardless of which action I select. 

Can you provide a sample dataset? 

Thanks for the Response.

Here is my sample data set  and 
Avg calculation= (clculate(count(num),firstdate(Startdate)

+ Calculate(count(num),lastdate(statdate))/2

Start Date NumActionPosition NumberDivision Code
7/1/20171P123
7/2/20171p225
7/3/20172TA345
7/4/20172TA443
7/5/20173T525
7/6/20175T626

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.