Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

priyapalanki
Frequent Visitor

How to jump between the reports in power bi by clicking a hyperlink ?

We have a dashboard which has multiple reports pinned to it . On the first page , I created a summary table that contains report name with a hyperlink to each report . If I click on the report name in this table , it opens the report in a separate tab. But I want to jump to the report page in the same tab instead of opening it in a separate tab . Is it possible to do this in power bi ?

5 REPLIES 5
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @priyapalanki

If you edit the tile details you can use the following properties to manage the behaviour you want.

Just paste the URL for the report into the URL field and set the same tab to yes.

tiledetails.png

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

@Phil_Seamark : Thanks . Your solution works if there is only one link.

Do you know how to achieve this behavior when there are multiple links ?

Hi @priyapalanki,

Do you mean you have multiple links that need to jump to? Based on my research, we can add only one link to a visual in your dashboard, if you have multiple visuals in your dashboard, you can add multiple links to those visual.

If this is not what you want, you can submit your idea on the link below. If this feature was mentioned by mulitple users, product team will consider to add this feature to next release.
https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Regards,

Charlie Liao

HI @priyapalanki

Have you seen this great new feature in the web service, released this month?

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-service-march-feature-summary/#viewRelated

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Following up to see if this was ever resolved. I am also looking for a way to launch a hyperlink from a table, but have that report open in the same browser tab, rather than launching the link in a new tab. Any thoughts?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.