Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to join tables which does not have unique value columns or have nulls in it

i have a table with raw data and i need to  calculate some aggregations by grouping some columns and i need to join this aggregated table bak to source table to get some details. but the common columns in both tables have nulls in it and does not have a column with unique values in it. I am not able to join those becoz it says, one  of the table must have unique column values and no null values in it. How do i join in this case?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
BobBI
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi Reddy ,

You can combine 2 or more coulmns to create Composite Key .

OR 

you can copy the source table , strip out all columns except the one or tow  you think can be use as primary key ,

U se remove duplicate  ( in query editor) and  remove duplicate from the column , Now you will have only unique value in thsi New table then use this new table  in the middle and join source table and aggregated table to this this new table

source table   << New Table>>>aggregated table.

If it doesn't help , share  some data to simulate the solution.

thanks,

SS

View solution in original post

vishnurk
Frequent Visitor

I believe the power bi july update have new feature introduced for many to many relationship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrANsDNnZug

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
vishnurk
Frequent Visitor

I believe the power bi july update have new feature introduced for many to many relationship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrANsDNnZug

PattemManohar
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous Sample data and expected output will be helpful to provide any suggestion or solution. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a PBI Community Champion

BobBI
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi Reddy ,

You can combine 2 or more coulmns to create Composite Key .

OR 

you can copy the source table , strip out all columns except the one or tow  you think can be use as primary key ,

U se remove duplicate  ( in query editor) and  remove duplicate from the column , Now you will have only unique value in thsi New table then use this new table  in the middle and join source table and aggregated table to this this new table

source table   << New Table>>>aggregated table.

If it doesn't help , share  some data to simulate the solution.

thanks,

SS

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.