Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to input Date and Time range in one slicer?

Hi, 

Query:

I want to create one slicer where  user can filter the data with date range having time range too (Single field have both Date and Time).

Eg: Suppose date 1st Jan to 10th jan and time starts from 9am 1st Jan and end on 9am 10th jan.

I had proceed with the following approach where I have created a slicer but can select only one value as below.

NENARVEK_1-1643622431442.png

But if I choose 'Between' option from the dropdown, it is showing me only dates and not time.

NENARVEK_0-1643622384149.png

So is there any limitation with ragrds to this?

Is there any way to resolve my query?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you got a solution for this post, can you help me how to achieve this, I too have the same requirement.

bondfranco
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Please try using the Visual,Page or report level filter option for this type of requirement.

Date.JPG

hope this helps.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@ , You can create a date time table using cross join between date and time

Time

https://kohera.be/blog/power-bi/how-to-create-a-time-table-in-power-bi-in-a-few-simple-steps/

Date

To get the best of the time intelligence function. Make sure you have a date calendar and it has been marked as the date in model view. Also, join it with the date column of your fact/s. Refer :radacad sqlbi My Video Series Appreciate your Kudos.

Date time = addcolumn( crossjoin('Date', 'Time'), "DateTime", [Date]+[Time])

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.