Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shatha
Frequent Visitor

How to increase number of columns imported from Salesforce object or select the columns to load

I had a problem loading SF object cases because it has over 660 columns and got the error msg "414): Request-URI Too Long"

I need to either increase the number of columns i am allowed to improt or pre-select the columns i need to load prior loading

please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@v-haibl-msft

Thank you so much for the recommendation , but as my object contains over 660 columns I found it easier to use Table.SelectColumns and now it;s working fine.

Best  Regards,

Shatha

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@shatha

How about the result if using RemoveColumns to delete the unnecessary columns in Advanced Editor?

Best Regards,

Herbert

@v-haibl-msft

Thank you so much for the recommendation , but as my object contains over 660 columns I found it easier to use Table.SelectColumns and now it;s working fine.

Best  Regards,

Shatha

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shatha and @v-haibl-msft, even I am facing the same problem. The solutions looks great but I am still confused. How and where do I write the function if the object is not even getting into power bi? I  mean power bi won't recognise the table and the column name until and unless the table is loaded in power bi.

I had the same issue and I finally found the solution, so for those that may have the same issue, here is the code to make it work:

let
Source = Salesforce.Data("https://xxxxxxxx.salesforce.com/", [ApiVersion=48, CreateNavigationProperties=true]),
Account = Source{[Name="Account"]}[Data],
#"Removed Other Columns" = Table.SelectColumns(Account,{"Id", "Name"})
in
#"Removed Other Columns"

The workaround is working for me, but then it means that I have to select all fields 1 by 1 from Salesforce then copy paste the names in the query. But at least it's working, which is better than before 🙂

I hope this can help others 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.