cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shatha Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

How to increase number of columns imported from Salesforce object or select the columns to load

I had a problem loading SF object cases because it has over 660 columns and got the error msg "414): Request-URI Too Long"

I need to either increase the number of columns i am allowed to improt or pre-select the columns i need to load prior loading

please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
shatha Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: How to increase number of columns imported from Salesforce object or select the columns to load

@v-haibl-msft

Thank you so much for the recommendation , but as my object contains over 660 columns I found it easier to use Table.SelectColumns and now it;s working fine.

Best  Regards,

Shatha

3 REPLIES 3
v-haibl-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: How to increase number of columns imported from Salesforce object or select the columns to load

@shatha

How about the result if using RemoveColumns to delete the unnecessary columns in Advanced Editor?

Best Regards,

Herbert

shatha Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

Thank you so much for the recommendation , but as my object contains over 660 columns I found it easier to use Table.SelectColumns and now it;s working fine.

Best  Regards,

Shatha

Highlighted
ayushnigam268 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

@shatha and @v-haibl-msft, even I am facing the same problem. The solutions looks great but I am still confused. How and where do I write the function if the object is not even getting into power bi? I  mean power bi won't recognise the table and the column name until and unless the table is loaded in power bi.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Users Online
Currently online: 202 members 2,746 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: