Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nwabramson
Advocate III
Advocate III

How to include data back in that was excluded on a visual web published URL

Hello,

I have a visual in a report generated by Power BI that my users access by a web published url. If they select a bar and then right click and "Exclude" the data it is removed from the report. How do they include the same data back in after they exclude it? The only way I know is to refresh the report page which is not a good interface. I do not see the visual filter option that is available on the server and desktop.

Thanks for looking at this.

Nancy.

3 REPLIES 3
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@nwabramson wrote:

Hello,

I have a visual in a report generated by Power BI that my users access by a web published url. If they select a bar and then right click and "Exclude" the data it is removed from the report. How do they include the same data back in after they exclude it? The only way I know is to refresh the report page which is not a good interface. I do not see the visual filter option that is available on the server and desktop.

Thanks for looking at this.

Nancy.

@nwabramson

Could you be more specific? I think @Anonymous advice should work.

Thanks for the information. I have published to the web so generic filters are not available. This would not be a solution in my case. nwabramson

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @nwabramson, once you select Exclude, Power BI generates a new filter called "Excluded". If you expand the "Filters" pane (the black pane on the right hand side), look at the Visual level filters. There should be one called "Excluded" - you can either uncheck the filter options, or deleted the filter. Both will add the excluded bar back into the chart.

ExcludedFiled.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.