Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to import excel file & capturing the same filters in every different file when importing?

When creating a template with specific filters in the dashboard, I want to use it for the next time I import a different excel file. For example, an operational data content in excel file should upload for daily basis.

In each day, there are different data coming from the file. For example, I did a dashboard with filters already on Monday. When the excel file comes in for Tuesday report, then I still want to use the same template I did last Monday so that I will not do the same filters again. Please help. Appreciated your help. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

If your excel files have same name column, you can add them to a folder,then get data from the folder, the Power BI will append your excel automatically, just like the following screenshot.

How1.jpg

How2.jpg

How3.jpg

If your excel’s field name is not same, you just can use the same PBIX file, and get data the different excel data source.

Then change the each visual’s data.

If you have any question, please kindly ask here and we will try to resolve it.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

How about the result after you follow the suggestions mentioned in my original post?

Could you please provide more details or expected result about it If it doesn't meet your requirement?

If you've fixed the issue on your own please kindly share your solution.

If the above posts help, please kindly mark it as a solution to help others find it more quickly. Thanks!

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

That is standard Power Query functionality. Where are you stuck?

Anonymous
Not applicable

For an instance, you imported your (monday file) and created a dashboard for it. Then you want to retain your created dashboard as your template for proceding different import files. When you get your (tuesday file) you want to use your previous dashboard so that you don't have to repeat the same filters, format in the dashboard. How to import (tuesday file) using your previous dashboard that should sync in based on the filters everything the same. Because I don't want to recreate the same graphs, same filters, same format everyday. 

Hi @Anonymous ,

If your excel files have same name column, you can add them to a folder,then get data from the folder, the Power BI will append your excel automatically, just like the following screenshot.

How1.jpg

How2.jpg

How3.jpg

If your excel’s field name is not same, you just can use the same PBIX file, and get data the different excel data source.

Then change the each visual’s data.

If you have any question, please kindly ask here and we will try to resolve it.

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.