Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

keajht31
Frequent Visitor

How to import data from ajax web page?

Hi experts,

I tried import some weather data on a web page. For static data, Power Query can import them with no problem. However for data tables that uses ajax, they are not found in the preview mode of Power Query. I can copy them manually and paste them into Excel with no formatting problem but I would prefer it to be automated. Is there any work around on that? Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@keajht31,

As my previous reply, you can use Get Data from Web by example feature  to extract data from the web page to Power BI. See more details in attached PBIX file.
1.PNG2.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@keajht31,

Which web page do you refer to? Please check if you can get data from the web page using Get Data from Web by example feature in Power BI Desktop.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your reply. This is the website I am refering to: https://www.hko.gov.hk/cis/dailyExtract_e.htm?y=2018&m=08

When using the "Import from web" function, the table is not found in the preview mode. I checked the website code and found that the datatable is dynamically filled. In contrast, this function works in the following website: https://www.hko.gov.hk/cgi-bin/hko/warndb_e1.pl?opt=5&start_ym=201208&end_ym=201808&submit=Submit+Qu...

@keajht31,

As my previous reply, you can use Get Data from Web by example feature  to extract data from the web page to Power BI. See more details in attached PBIX file.
1.PNG2.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm just beginning to use Power BI. I understand Power BI can scrap ajax web page data, but I can't scrap this one:

https://www.construplaza.com/Materiales/Aceros/Tuber%C3%ADa

Can you help me with this please?

Thanks for the help. 

Thank you so much for your help. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.