Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to import data from UNdata or similar data banks

Hello everyone, 

I started using PowerBi for my work 3 month ago. I started connecting to data from the WorldBank (all is working great). However,  now i'm stuck because I can not import data from UNdata, because they use SDMX API.  I read a lot about it, and found out that there's currently no SMDX connector in PowerBI. But I also found out on this forum that there's a "hard way" to do it (connect to data in SDMX) and make it work. 

Could someone please explain to me how can I have data from UNdata, in a user friendly shape? 

Thanks a lot for your help, 

Thomas.  

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for your help, I already saw these topics but it doesn't really helped me because the websites in these topics already have a SDMX-JSON option, which UNdata doesn't have. 

They provide different manner to connect to their datas, but I can't make it work in PowerBI. For example they also provide these kind of link to their data : https://data.un.org/ws/rest/data/UIS,DF_UNData_UIS,1.1/.SLE_0....../ALL/?detail=full&dimensionAtObse...

Is it possible to use this link in PBI in order to have a userfriendly table to work with? I tried but I only had errors... I'm sorry but I'm still learning.

Thanks for the help,

Kind Regards, 

Thomas

Hi 
Are you solving this problem because I'm facing the same thing?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.