cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resolver I
Resolver I

How to import all different data CSV files from a folder

Hi ,

Is there a way to import .csv files from a folder? I do know that we can import all the .csv files in one go with similar data structure but what about .csv files which have different data Eg: Studen_Marks, HR_Details??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @husnabanu,

You can use the folder connector to access the folder and list its files on the power query side without any combine or merge-operations.
Then you can add filters on this list to filter records based on their filename, Extension, modify dates, or other conditions to keep the files you wanted and do merge operation on remained files. (for your scenario, it should keep the files with 'CSV' Extensions and filename equal to 'Studen_Marks', 'HR Details')

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @husnabanu,

You can use the folder connector to access the folder and list its files on the power query side without any combine or merge-operations.
Then you can add filters on this list to filter records based on their filename, Extension, modify dates, or other conditions to keep the files you wanted and do merge operation on remained files. (for your scenario, it should keep the files with 'CSV' Extensions and filename equal to 'Studen_Marks', 'HR Details')

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Super User III
Super User III

@husnabanu ,

You can reference to the folder and see the first step where you can filter the metadata, there you can reference the query many times you want, filter the same structure (if any) and combine them, if possible.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Super User IV
Super User IV

@husnabanu , I doubt it can work as a folder import. You need to import as individual files.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! YouTube Channel !! Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power BI Super Users!

Wave Release 2

Check out the updates in Power BI.

Overview of Power BI 2020 release wave 2!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors