Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to import all different data CSV files from a folder

Hi ,

Is there a way to import .csv files from a folder? I do know that we can import all the .csv files in one go with similar data structure but what about .csv files which have different data Eg: Studen_Marks, HR_Details??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

You can use the folder connector to access the folder and list its files on the power query side without any combine or merge-operations.
Then you can add filters on this list to filter records based on their filename, Extension, modify dates, or other conditions to keep the files you wanted and do merge operation on remained files. (for your scenario, it should keep the files with 'CSV' Extensions and filename equal to 'Studen_Marks', 'HR Details')

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

You can use the folder connector to access the folder and list its files on the power query side without any combine or merge-operations.
Then you can add filters on this list to filter records based on their filename, Extension, modify dates, or other conditions to keep the files you wanted and do merge operation on remained files. (for your scenario, it should keep the files with 'CSV' Extensions and filename equal to 'Studen_Marks', 'HR Details')

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
camargos88
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous ,

You can reference to the folder and see the first step where you can filter the metadata, there you can reference the query many times you want, filter the same structure (if any) and combine them, if possible.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , I doubt it can work as a folder import. You need to import as individual files.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.