Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SathiMathi
Frequent Visitor

How to implement RLS for company hierarchy

Hi Leaders,

I am new to Power BI, I am struggling to implement RLS for last few weeks. I am not sure how to proceed with my scenario, please someone help me to give me idea to implement my scenario. its great help.

here is my requirement.

My tables are:

Tables.PNG

Reports.PNG

Report 1 and 2 will change based on the user login and permission level  ('User Access' and 'User Permission'.). if am team head then i can see all team progress in summary view and if i am login with branch head then i can see all department and team progress.

Two level of reports 

Report 1: summary of all one's from completed, in progress and issues. User click on the number then the 

Report 2 will display with those related values based on the 'User Access' and 'User Permission'.

Thanks a lot for your idea and help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@SathiMathi,

Please create Hierarchy path according to the user permisson level, then apply RLS on the hierarchy following the guide in the following blogs.

Dynamic Row Level Security with Organizational Hierarchy Power BI
Power BI Tutorial: Row Level Security on Parent Child Hierarchy

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@SathiMathi,

Please create Hierarchy path according to the user permisson level, then apply RLS on the hierarchy following the guide in the following blogs.

Dynamic Row Level Security with Organizational Hierarchy Power BI
Power BI Tutorial: Row Level Security on Parent Child Hierarchy

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.