Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to ignore one filter in tooltip but keep all others

Hi Guys,

I have a 'current state' snapshot on a front page. I then have a replica of the page as a report page tooltip, but showing the last ten weeks.

In my tooltip, I would like to ignore my 'snapshot week' filter on the main page (to expand from current state to showing previous 10 weeks) but retain all other filter contexts.

Can this be done?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

Yes, please refer to the snapshot below. You can disable "Keep all filters" and then add the columns that should still work.

How-to-ignore-one-filter-in-tooltip-but-keep-all-others2

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
wzkoral
Advocate II
Advocate II

Can I disable just some filters not all ?? Ps. can I choose filter to ignore ??
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Yes, maybe you can use a measure to change the context in the Tooltip. Please refer to the snapshot below. The [Measure 8] ignores the context of [BrandName]. If you'd like more details, please provide a demo and the desired result. Please mask the sensitive parts.

How-to-ignore-one-filter-in-tooltip-but-keep-all-others

Best Regards,
Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm yes I can do it by creating multiple measures and changing the context in each one, however I have about 15 measures that I would have to do (and maintain).

Is there another way of doing it? 

Hi @Anonymous,

Yes, please refer to the snapshot below. You can disable "Keep all filters" and then add the columns that should still work.

How-to-ignore-one-filter-in-tooltip-but-keep-all-others2

Best Regards,
Dale

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-jiascu-msft this is working really well!

One thing - for some reason one slicer selection is being ignored when hovering on the sub-total.

I have it included as you suggested, but it still isn't working!

Eg I select Filter1 = A but hovering on subtotal still includes A, B and C

Any ideas?

Hi @Anonymous,

Did you set the slicer in the Tooltip? If so, I'm afraid it could be how it works. The current context will be passed to the Tooltip when we hover over a visual. 

The workaround could be adding a measure to fix the selections in it.

Best Regards,

Hi @v-jiascu-msft ,

I had the same problem and tried to turn "keep all filters" off on the tooltip page and dragged all necesary filters and slicers from the original page in the box below ti. However, this does not seem to have any effect. It seems like all the filters are ignored. What do you mean with "Did you set the slicer in the tooltip?". And could you explain more about your suggested workaround with a measure?
Thank you, Martine

Hi,

I am having the same issue. this solution does not work. Can anyone help here, please ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats amazing - exactly what I wanted thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.