Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lcfaria
Helper II
Helper II

How to ignore a filter for a specific visual on tooltip?

Hi, I need some help from the community.

I have a tooltip with two visuals, a card that brings status information (if any) and another with a line chart with month-to-month values.

What I would like the year filter to be kept, but the month filter should only work for the card and the line chart would ignore this filter to always bring month-to-month information in this tooltip. But, as it is, this visual ends up being filtered too and I can only see the information for the selected month.

Is there any way to get around this situation?

What I have:

lcfaria_0-1664117655184.png

What I expect (the image below was edited, I can't get this result):

lcfaria_1-1664117772103.png

Link to the sample report: https://1drv.ms/u/s!At5JlMR_naI1gf40U3c-hDE-XSNLgw?e=8Ou6oh

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@lcfaria 

I believe I got it to do what you are looking for.

jdbuchanan71_0-1664122327070.png

The only way I could think to do it was to have a copy of the calendar table and use the month name from the second table in the chart for the tooltip.  This combined with a measure for the amonut that removes the filter from the primary calendar table seems to do the trick.

jdbuchanan71_1-1664122402715.png

Total All Months = CALCULATE ( [Total], ALLEXCEPT( 'calendar', 'calendar'[Year] ) )

I have attached my updated file for you to look at.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@lcfaria 

I believe I got it to do what you are looking for.

jdbuchanan71_0-1664122327070.png

The only way I could think to do it was to have a copy of the calendar table and use the month name from the second table in the chart for the tooltip.  This combined with a measure for the amonut that removes the filter from the primary calendar table seems to do the trick.

jdbuchanan71_1-1664122402715.png

Total All Months = CALCULATE ( [Total], ALLEXCEPT( 'calendar', 'calendar'[Year] ) )

I have attached my updated file for you to look at.

Thanks @jdbuchanan71, it solve my problem. All the best.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.