Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to hide the share option

Hi,

I don't wish to share the published report, do we have an option to hide the share option , if not is there any alternate

way?

Thanks,

Ravi screenshot.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

I don't think there is an option to hide/disable it currently. Here is a similar idea shared on Power BI Ideas. You can vote it up and add your comments there to improve Power BI on this feature.Smiley Happy 

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

I don't think there is an option to hide/disable it currently. Here is a similar idea shared on Power BI Ideas. You can vote it up and add your comments there to improve Power BI on this feature.Smiley Happy 

Regards

dearwatson
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi Ravi,

I cant see exactly where you are getting that share option (is that a report or a dashboard?)

AFAIK there's a couple of ways to disable sharing, depending on the type of sharing you wish to disable.

Sharing to external users:

In the admin portal you can disable these features. click the cog in the top right access admin portal and "Tenant Settings" to manage sharing options

You may find "sharing to external users" is the setting that affects this option.

Stop others sharing your dashboards:

When you share a dashboard you can set whether "resharing" is enabled.

Capture.PNG

I'm not sure I answered your question but I hope that helps.

Cheers

Greg - Dear Watson

"The commonality between science and art is in trying to see profoundly - to develop strategies of seeing and showing." - Edward Tufte
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great stuff ! Is it on tenant level ..so it would disable reshares for entire organization or we can select on workspace level etc?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.