Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JollyRoger01
Helper III
Helper III

How to hide the Filter, Focus Mode and More Options popup on visuals?

I have aligned many visuals to the bottom of others, but I want to remove the popup that shows at the top right of filters as it either shows over other visuals or is hidden behind them, and I don't think they are needed for reports. I want to keep them on some tables though so users can export the data. Is there any option to turn some off and keep others on?

JollyRoger01_0-1629464009288.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
DataInsights
Super User
Super User

@JollyRoger01,

In the Visualizations pane, go to Format --> Visual header and set the desired options. These will be applied in reading view.

DataInsights_0-1629726661130.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

Hi @JollyRoger01  & @Preeti_Yadav ,

Just as what @DataInsights mentioned, this can only work in Reading View on Power BI Service. Here is a test:

visual header.gif

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JollyRoger01 ,

Is the information above what you want? Is this problem solved? 

If it is solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If not, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Icey

Preeti_Yadav
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @JollyRoger01 ,

That might not possible to hide or remove  from visual ,as i tried doing so but no remove or hidden option is available for that. It appears only when you hover on the visual that doesnt affect the report.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Regards,

Preeti

Hi @JollyRoger01  & @Preeti_Yadav ,

Just as what @DataInsights mentioned, this can only work in Reading View on Power BI Service. Here is a test:

visual header.gif

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Evereyone , i have same doubt as the 'How to hide the Filter, Focus Mode and More Options popup on visuals?'

I tried  many times and in many ways as the test case shown in video but it is not working and the pop-up options and etc are showing as same before and after diableing the visual header for reading view also  . 

Team please if anyone know the solution/suggetions let me know.2022-06-08.png

Hi @Icey ,

As you said, it is working in power bi service,as i tried  doing it on powerbi desktop ,it was not working in there.

Regards,

Preeti

Hi @Preeti_Yadav ,

Yes. It doesn't work on Power BI Desktop. But for @JollyRoger01's requirements, I think the final scenario is on Power BI Service.🤔 So I think this can meet his requirements. Right?

If I have any misunderstandings, please let me know.😊

I want to keep them on some tables though so users can export the data. Is there any option to turn some off and keep others on?

Best Regards,

Icey

DataInsights
Super User
Super User

@JollyRoger01,

In the Visualizations pane, go to Format --> Visual header and set the desired options. These will be applied in reading view.

DataInsights_0-1629726661130.png

Hi - where do I find this setting in the new version of desktop.  I can't seem to find "visual header" anywhere.  

@ElliotBekritsky,

It's now "Header icons" in the General tab. You can use the Search field to quickly find format settings.

DataInsights_0-1671107550964.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.