Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Boyan
Helper I
Helper I

How to hide rows based on measure in simple table visual

Hi everyone,

I did do some digging before I posted, I get very close to what I need but not exactly. Maybe my use case is just too elementary? Here's the use case:

Simple table visual, not too many columns and of crouse - ton of rows. I already have a measure which produces true/false for each row based on my criteria. I need to hide (not display in the visual) those rows which have their meassure resulting in false.

How do I do that? I would rather not get into row level security - my PBI report is too simple and I don't undertsand row level security so I am looking for the simplest soluton.

What I could postulate but wasn't able to figure out was this: can I set a "set-in-stone" filter on the visual which the consumer can not change? If I could do that - I am goldern.

Yes of course the consumer has the filters pane available and can easily set the desired filter but the consumer's IQ is lacking so I want to have those rows hidden and not allow the end user to expose them accidently?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@MattAllington You inspired me with the light to dig - all I had to do is set the filter as I want in PBI Desktop, then "lock" the filter so that it can't be changed by the end user and I also clicked on the little eye to cross it which means it won't even be presented to the end user filters panel (the other filters appear fine). I'm gold. Thank you. For your information, the PBI report is being consumed as an embedded PBI in SharePoint.

Boyan_1-1606944430311.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

You can add a measure into the filter pane on the right, then place a filter on it. 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

@MattAllington  Hi Matt, Thanky you. My measure already shows up on the filter pane on the right. How do I "place a filter on it"? The arrow poinst to my measure:

Boyan_0-1606944119177.png

@MattAllington You inspired me with the light to dig - all I had to do is set the filter as I want in PBI Desktop, then "lock" the filter so that it can't be changed by the end user and I also clicked on the little eye to cross it which means it won't even be presented to the end user filters panel (the other filters appear fine). I'm gold. Thank you. For your information, the PBI report is being consumed as an embedded PBI in SharePoint.

Boyan_1-1606944430311.png

Hi @Boyan 

Glad that you have solved this problem. You could accept the proper reply as the solution to close this topic and help others find the solution quickly. Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing Zhang

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.