cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frederico Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

How to hide for other desktop users >> Pane (Visualization and Fields) and Ribbon

Hello,

is there a way to keep the panes and the ribbon always hidden, even when other people are using the pbix file in their computers?

What happens is that everytime a difference person opens the file in a different computer, the panes and ribbons come, per standard, always open, nd I want then per standar closed. (e.g. for panes on picture below)

Thanky ou in advance.

2018-09-12_12h00_03.png

4 REPLIES 4
NickNg278 Senior Member

Re: How to hide for other desktop users >> Pane (Visualization and Fields) and Ribbon

Hi @Frederico,

I dont see any options in the settings that allow us to do so. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: How to hide for other desktop users >> Pane (Visualization and Fields) and Ribbon

Hi @NickNg278, thank you for the reply. Yes, I also didn´t find it in the options. It would be insteresting to have these options like we have in excel.

Super User
Super User

Nick, the PBIX files are designed to be used in Power BI Desktop, which itself is designed to be a developer tool.  The Power BI Service has been designed for users to consume the reports and offers a Full Screen mode, create dashboards and the ability to bundle reports into Apps

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Frequent Visitor

Hello @Ross73312, thank you for the involvement.

I had that in mind, but since the company which I work for doesn´t not allow us to publish our Power BI dashboards due to privacy policy, I was trying to find a solution to use the Power BI Desktop for sharing dashboards. Actually we are already doing it and a simple hide mode would be really useful.

But anyway, thank you again.