cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

How to hide for other desktop users >> Pane (Visualization and Fields) and Ribbon

Hello,

is there a way to keep the panes and the ribbon always hidden, even when other people are using the pbix file in their computers?

What happens is that everytime a difference person opens the file in a different computer, the panes and ribbons come, per standard, always open, nd I want then per standar closed. (e.g. for panes on picture below)

Thanky ou in advance.

2018-09-12_12h00_03.png

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to hide for other desktop users >> Pane (Visualization and Fields) and Ribbon

Hi @Frederico,

I dont see any options in the settings that allow us to do so. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: How to hide for other desktop users >> Pane (Visualization and Fields) and Ribbon

Hi @Anonymous, thank you for the reply. Yes, I also didn´t find it in the options. It would be insteresting to have these options like we have in excel.

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Nick, the PBIX files are designed to be used in Power BI Desktop, which itself is designed to be a developer tool.  The Power BI Service has been designed for users to consume the reports and offers a Full Screen mode, create dashboards and the ability to bundle reports into Apps

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hello @Ross73312, thank you for the involvement.

I had that in mind, but since the company which I work for doesn´t not allow us to publish our Power BI dashboards due to privacy policy, I was trying to find a solution to use the Power BI Desktop for sharing dashboards. Actually we are already doing it and a simple hide mode would be really useful.

But anyway, thank you again.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

This function is needed 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Upcoming Events

Upcoming Events

Wondering what events you could join or have an event to promote yourself? Check out our Upcoming Events.

Upcoming Events

Community Summit North America – Join Online!

Join this community-driven Power Platform digital event for unbiased support and problem-solving.

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Top Solution Authors