Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Frederico
Frequent Visitor

How to hide for other desktop users >> Pane (Visualization and Fields) and Ribbon

Hello,

is there a way to keep the panes and the ribbon always hidden, even when other people are using the pbix file in their computers?

What happens is that everytime a difference person opens the file in a different computer, the panes and ribbons come, per standard, always open, nd I want then per standar closed. (e.g. for panes on picture below)

Thanky ou in advance.

2018-09-12_12h00_03.png

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Frederico,

I dont see any options in the settings that allow us to do so. 

Hi @Anonymous, thank you for the reply. Yes, I also didn´t find it in the options. It would be insteresting to have these options like we have in excel.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nick, the PBIX files are designed to be used in Power BI Desktop, which itself is designed to be a developer tool.  The Power BI Service has been designed for users to consume the reports and offers a Full Screen mode, create dashboards and the ability to bundle reports into Apps

Hello @Anonymous, thank you for the involvement.

I had that in mind, but since the company which I work for doesn´t not allow us to publish our Power BI dashboards due to privacy policy, I was trying to find a solution to use the Power BI Desktop for sharing dashboards. Actually we are already doing it and a simple hide mode would be really useful.

But anyway, thank you again.

This function is needed 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.