cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

How to hide a visual based on slicer

I have 2 independent line charts that I need to place in my powerBi page.  However,  at any point in time, only 1 chart is applicable.  Is there a way for me to have a slicer that will let me only display only 1 chart at a time.  (i,e  when one chart is selected, the other one will be hidden, white out, etc), just as long as I don have to see both charts at the same time. 

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to hide a visual based on slicer

Hi @semidevil,

Could you please provide some sample data?

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

I actually dont see an 'attach' button but i'll describe the best I can. 

suppose I have 2 line charts:  one for V1 and one for V2.  I want to overlay them right on top of eachother.  I also have a main slicer.  If I filter for V1,  I want to see only my V1 line chart, and my V2 line chart should not be visible.  If I filter for V2, V1 chart should not be visible.

Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @semidevil,

To make a toggle visual, you can simply try Bookmark option. Please refer to following link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Afcj8mT5_Q

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have this same need. I know how to toggle charts from a button using a bookmark (like in the youtube video) but what I really want is for the chart visibility to be toggled according to the slicer selection.

Anyone know of a way to do that?

Thanks

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have this same need. I know how to toggle charts/pages from a button using a bookmark but I want the chart visibility to be toggled according to the slicer selection.

Can anyone help me in this?

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Team,

You can achieve this in bringing Bookmarks and Selection Pane into your report. You can hide your visuals based on the selection of your toggle button.

Regards,

Pradeep

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.

I have already achieved this by using the same Bookmarks and Sselection Pane, but my requirement is to show/hide reports based on the value of slicer.

Is there any option by which we can define the event action based on slicer value in which we can call Bookmarks ?

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, of Course.

There is an action to set it for toggle image or button to switch your report view. 

Say example, you have two bookmarks that shows different views of your report. You can have images like toggle button to swap the views on top your two different bookmarks. You can set the action property for the toggle images when you select one image, you can hide the other one. You can play around with this by setting this action property.

Regards,

Pradeep

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, you can view this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Afcj8mT5_Q

Regards,

Pradeep

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power BI

See the latest Power BI innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors